INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INSTRUCTION (IJI)
International Journal of Instruction (IJI) is a refereed international journal of education and published four times a year (in January, April, July & October). The aim of this journal is to publish high quality studies in the areas of instruction, learning, teaching, curriculum development, learning environments, teacher education, educational technology, educational developments, measurement and evaluation, educational statistics. Studies may relate to any age level - from infants to adults.
- The manuscripts that have been submitted to IJI are first assessed by the editorial board in terms of purpose, topic, content, presentation style and mechanics of writing.
- The articles sent to the Journal are always reviewed by two members of the Editorial Advisory Board, and in some cases, if necessary, by another member of the Board.
- Depending on the evaluation reports of the members of the Editorial Advisory Board, articles are published or
- Article evaluation process takes approximately three months.
- The authors are responsible for the errors, if any, in their published articles.
- The articles need to be not published elsewhere
Notes for Authors
Contributors submitting their work to International Journal of Instruction (E-IJI.NET) should be informed that:
- IJI seeks to publish articles from all areas of education. Articles should include quantitative, qualitative research, comprehensive literature reviews, meta-analysis, model proposals and original writings of similar
- The articles need to be not published elsewhere previously. If the article has been presented at any seminar or conference, the name of the conference, the institution where it has been presented and the date of the presentation needs to be mentioned.
- IJI gives priority to current studies using advanced research and statistical methods and techniques.
- IJI considers original contribution to the field and competency in methodology the main criterion for
- Authors bear responsibility for the content of the published
- Articles may not be quoted without citing IJI and the author(s).
- The Journal is written in English. Thus, the articles need to be written in this language.
- The following writing and referencing rules are to be taken into consideration.
- To add new authors to the articles isn't proper after the submission.
- Once an article is accepted for publication primary author of the article assign to the IJI the entire copyright in their manuscript; that is, IJI has a permission to use, disseminate, and reproduce the article when seen necessary.
Manuscripts sent to the IJI follow these process;
- If there is more than one author, it should be stated with whom the editorial correspondence will be done.
- A reference number is assigned to the studies sent and these studies are saved to data system.
- After the manuscript was submitted, an e-mail is sent to confirm the acceptance of it.
- Studies submitted are evaluated in the first Editorial Board meeting.
- Studies which comply with the principles mentioned above are sent to the evaluation phase.
- Editorial Board reports the justified decision to the studies which do not comply with the principles mentioned.
- Editorial Board does not inform again the authors of the studies sent to the evaluation phase.
- Manuscripts that pass the assessment of the Editorial Board are sent to specialists in the relevant field. If the reviewers are of different opinions regarding the quality of your work, the paper will be referred to a third reviewer. If the referee reports are positive, the manuscripts will be designated for publication
- Referee reports are kept confidential. Authors have to be attentive to the criticisms, suggestions and corrections of the referees and of the Editorial Board.
Based on Referee Evaluation Reports, Editorial Board decides;
- to approve the study
- to evaluate the study again after the issues stated in referee evaluation reports have been resolved.
- not to pubish the tudy.
- Referee evaluation reports and Editorial Board notes are sent to the studies approved for publishing.
- Studies resolved according to mentioned reports and notes are reviewed by Editorial Board.
- The lay-out and the design of the studies are done.
- Studies whose lay-out and design completed are checked for the last time by authors.
- At first, studies are published “Online First”.
- Essays published “Online First” are prepared for publication and printed in a sufficient number. Changes are never made to published articles later.